FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collapsible buggies on BA and codeshares
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:21 am
babybus

Programs: OneWorld
Collapsible buggies on BA and codeshares

After a bit of help from the BA travellers that also have children. I travel a lot on BA and its various codeshare airlines. I have two young children I'll need to tow along (currently 2 months and 23 months). Before new baby came along, I've usually been checking the buggy and using a sling for the airport which works a treat as I can move as fast as possible with the child in tow. Now with two this is more difficult so I'm considering a collapsible buggy or trying gatechecking again (the one time I did this so far, it was an absolute disaster).

I've a few questions for regular BA users. I've heard some friends of mine trying to claim they exclusively allow Babyzen yoyos to be brought into the cabin. Is this the case? I presumed if the travel buggy is in a case and it fits in dimensions then the cabin crew would be unlikely to single it out as a buggy.

I ask this because I am actually considering using the new Bugaboo buggy, the ant. It looks like it should also be within dimensions. The dimensions of this newest buggy are 55 x 38 x 23 cm. They do seem on the extreme ends, is it likely there would be trouble getting it overhead?

People with experience, how many times have you been asked to put the buggy in the hold anyways? Has it been damaged easily?

Basically, I am wondering if it may go in the hold anyway, perhaps gatechecking could be best. Or is it better to buy another sling and sling both children around especially since toddler LOVES to walk and has a buggy aversion currently? (My partner will be with me in most cases).