FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:27 am
Matt4

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Hello everyone -- I'd like to look forward to my first flight on Qatar, assuming I can get what I can see on ITA. I'm attempting to book a domestic USA flight on AA in F, then book business class from the USA to CMB. Also a 2 day stopover in DOH would be great. I would like to book directly with Qatar and am not interested in using an OTA, based on recent experience. Do I need to call Qatar's phone call center to do this? This would be a cash purchase and not an award booking. I seem to dimly recall in a previous post that mixed class bookings could only be done using the telephone, but now I can't find anything by searching, except search results that relate to award bookings. Thanks in advance for any comments.

edited to add: multicity option on Qatar’s website doesn’t work, I assume because the first flight is a domestic AA flight not offered by Qatar. I am able to book the entire roundtrip on Qatar’s website in economy, but not in business/first.
The problem some people had with mixed class ticket was when they tried to mix Biz and Eco flights.
You should not have the same problem because when booking a Biz international ticket with a connecting intra USA flight, you will get a intra USA First class connecting flight (because there's almost no Biz intra USA flights), so just try to book a simple return ticket and QR website should offer you various combinations mixing AA (and other QR partners in US like B6 and AS) First class (be careful it's first class because if first is sold out on that flight you might end with an eco flight) and QR flights.

Last edited by Matt4; Jul 8, 2019 at 12:39 am