FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:22 pm
HenrySu1220

Originally Posted by sodaisei
I don't think you get my point.

Of course there are some dates where you can book a Tokyo - Honolulu flight on the A380 for 100.000 yen. The problem is that those are few selected dates and it is still way more expensive than a direct flight in a different carrier. Most of the dates it costs double to book a A380 round trip flight to HNL than to use another carrier or aircraft. That is why I dont know if this is just me being cheap, or that ANA prefers selling these in packages, because I dont see the point of spending double just to ride the A380

Also, for this route I am not familiar, but for the China-US routes, I do have friends they purchased more expensive tickets simply because they heard good things about ANA and they just wanted to fly ANA, let alone ANA on a A380. (I even decided to transfer at NHL to Tokyo instead of direct fly to Tokyo because of this).
Not everyone is searching tickets like us, actually majority of them first look at the airline website they heard about instead of starting from the search engine, they might want to book a cheap deal, but they do not know how to.