FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Double Cash to allow conversion to ThankYou Points (Fall 2019)
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:03 pm
Biscoff27

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The extra 0.5% adds up... Didn't realize it until I had a USAA Limtless card.

If one spends $35,000/year on the DC, that's an extra $175 in value. May not seem like a lot, but you're talking credit card rewards, which don't generate a sizable income unless you're spending hundreds of thousands per year on them.
It gets even better if you have the Citi Trifecta, as you described in an earlier post. If you can redeem the TYP for 1.25 cents (thanks to the Premier), and then get 10% back (thanks to the Rewards+), you effectively get about 1.39 cents/point (since if you redeem 10K points for $125, you get 1K back, so its basically like 9K points gets you $125). In your $35K spend example, you would get effectively about an extra $272 over cashing it out.

Since I currently use a both the Premier and Rewards+ (as well as the AT&T Access), I am curious to see what TYP redemption is for the DC. Even if it is 2% back converts to 1.5 TYP, I may go for it, given that I get the 10% back on redeemed points and Citi has frequent transfer bonuses to programs I tend to use (like Virgin Atlantic).