FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA West Coast In BA Club World
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:47 pm
Varig_dc10

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Fair point on getting 4 reward seats in club.... If you have Gold and enough miles you may need to get a couple of those as 'gold guaranttee' seats.
In January/February this year, I looked at availability of four club seats in July/August 2019. At that point there was still availability. Obviously I did not follow the booking all the way through, but there was nothing to suggest I would not be able to book four club seats.

A couple of years ago, a colleague of mine had two first class tickets booked using his air miles. Not long before the flight, British Airways moved him to a different flight, either the day before or the day after his original flight.

I'm not Gold, I'm only Bronze. All my miles are mostly from credit card spend. So even if I do get the flights I want, there is a little bit of concern that BA might move us to a different flight nearer the time. Like you said, Gold members are guaranteed seats. So it only takes one of them to request a seat on our flight and no doubt the reward flights will be the first to be moved.

If that was to happen, I suppose I would just have to extend or shorten my holiday to suit.