FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla Visa 'not authorized' when trying to get MO
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:10 pm
neworleans flyer

Vanilla Visa 'not authorized' when trying to get MO

Apologies if this has been posted and gratitude if someone can point me to the thread if it has. But in case it hasn't - I have had issues with VVGC that I bought from the drugstore that I can usually liquidate at my friendly neighborhood grocery store. Have been doing this for years with friendly clerks with no issues. Last week when I tried to buy a MO for $500, the terminal showed "not authorized" - I called customer service who stated that the card was good to go with no holds. To make sure it wasn't a store specific issue, I tried a $300 GC from Office D and it worked just fine. The clerk was nice enough to let me try the $500 again but no bueno. Today I bought more VVGC from the drugstore and same thing "not authorized" on the pin pad. But to my surprise, 1 of the 4 cards from the other day worked fine!

Vanilla customer service keeps telling me there is nothing wrong, is anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance