FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award availability at Krisflyer / United shows Saver Awards available
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:13 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by fone
Only regional flights for premium cabins are released to partners.
Not necessarily, but I know that's the intent. I got a seat on the JNB-SIN second frequency coming up next year. There's like 4 days a week where there's no availability and 3 days where 1 flight has 1 seat. I don't even really like the 350 J seat, but I only flew it SIN-KUL last time, so we'll see if it's better or worse on a long haul.

Please be advised that the SQ site does not show all availability. Please call and check. Also, sometimes, they only allow booking within a certain date. Try to ask/check for nearer dates, see if you can get anything or correlate with UA/NH availability. For example, my NH domestic flight, UA was showing full availability until like 6 or 9 months ahead. NH itself only showing like 3 months worth of availability. SQ (calling) is something similar to UA with few weeks less.
This is interesting, they do list the rules for NH domestic flights. But, the problem with calling is just that you don't know if you've gotten an agent who's incompetent or lazy, or if the availability just isn't there. I have ammo when I call aeroplan, I know the rules, I know the MPM, I know the availability. So when they told me my SQ seat had gone because they swapped to an all Y aircraft, I called BS right away and said that aircraft doesn't exist, and that they could see I already had the seat, so they bought me a seat instead.

I find it perfectly fine using for SQ only. Other than, I try to book using the operating carrier's frequent flyer program (ie BR with BR miles).
The problem is, that's extremely limiting. I live in a city that no longer has SQ. YVR hasn't had SQ service for years, though SEA does soon. We do have BR, but like I can't imagine the programs are all like this. I have experience with UA/AC/SQ/AV it seems to me UA/AV/AC have warts of course, but you can come up with pretty great itineraries with a little effort. I have miles and time invested in CM/OZ and have yet to redeem, so hopefully they're a bit easier. I'm trying to burn off my SQ mileage and drop off the program entirely.