FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying separate seat for baby after reservations made
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:16 am
floridagal23

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Buying separate seat for baby after reservations made

hi everyone:

My husband’s family booked seats for a family vacation. We are flying from the west coast to Hawaii on delta. There are six adults and we have six seats across with two lap infants (1 per each group of 3 seats).

We want to purchase a seat for our LO (who will be 18 months for the flight) so she can sit in the car seat (cosco scenera) or the cares harness.

What is the easiest way to do this? I assume that I need to buy a ticket in her name and then get Delta to swap her seat with my husband’s or my seat so that she is sitting next to one of us and the other is a few rows up (all that is left at this point). Can I just book a separate seat for her online? Does she need to be ticketed in a window seat if we use the car seat,
or can we install the car seat in the middle seat?

my in law is sitting in the window of the row, and I don’t want to create issues with changing the seating around. We are traveling with family who has a bigger, older child who always travels as a lap infant so we don’t want to create issues or draw attention to this to the extent possible.

Last edited by floridagal23; Jul 5, 2019 at 10:27 am