FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TGV Refund process vs CC dispute for TGV canceled train
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:55 pm
lobo411

TGV Refund process vs CC dispute for TGV canceled train

Hello folks,
I had a ticket for Oulx, Italy to Geneva, Switzerland on the TGV connecting to the TER. The TGV leg was canceled by TGV without notice due to storm damage. There was no way to fix things in Oulx because it's an unmanned Trenitalia station, and the only other train running that route showed full, so I took the flixbus.

Now I'm trying to get a refund for the train ticket. I called, but they told me to email with proof that I took the flixbus. I paid cash and discarded the receipt, so I don't have that. I emailed them a refund request anyway and they replied asking for unspecified documents. I replied asking what they wanted, and got no response.

I'm thinking this is going to be a months long bureaucratic teeth pulling session, and maybe I'm better off filing a credit card dispute for services not provided. I saved screenshots showing that the train was not operated, and I saved a screenshot from SNCF saying the same thing. On the other hand, it has only been three days since the incident, so maybe I should give it more time.

Any advice? I'm in Switzerland now so going to a SNCF office to fix things is impossible. Thanks!