FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - James on OMAAT
Thread: James on OMAAT
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:42 pm
tebfunk

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Erm... the posts are marked as being authored by Ben, but not all are written by him. MMS and VFTW also had ghost writers, see the infamous 'Who is Drew' running joke.
I can't speak for other sites, but in the case of OMAAT this is patently false, and I'm only chiming in here because this is a particular point of pride. While our team at PP will feed Ben stories from their experiences with client bookings, or occasionally help with testing/researching, there are otherwise no unnamed contributors writing on One Mile at a Time. If a post has Ben's (or anyone else's) name at the top, it was written by that person, with perhaps some help from me on formatting a table or whatever else.

As far as James is concerned, we've addressed this several times in the comments when readers have asked, so it's not a secret. He is writing for TPGUK under his given name -- it's a tremendous opportunity for him, and while we were given very little notice, we certainly respect his choice and are happy for him.