FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LATAM schedule/equipment changes due to 787 issues
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:28 pm
dogcanyon

Originally Posted by setec
If anyone happens to fly on the 777 on the SCL-IPC or IPC-SCL, I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the plane/experience. We shelled out for business class a few months ago, thinking that it would be the modern 787 equipment. This seems quite the downgrade, but of course safety comes first.

Also, I have seen a bunch of articles/discussions on the internet that claim that the flights are reduced to once a week. We are scheduled to fly SCL-IPC on August 1 and IPC-SCL on August 4. But if the schedule is reduced to once a week, our itinerary cannot possibly still work. LATAM has not told us anything. We only found out something changed because we wanted to recheck the seat assignments and we noticed the new map. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
I was on the leased 777-200 from IPC-SCL on 26 June. It's painted all-white (no LATAM marking at all) and I did not even see a registration number painted on the tail (very strange). The Business Class cabin interior is old and looks dirty and tattered. The armrests on multiple seats were partially detached and "leaning" towards the aisle or window. Several seats would not recline and two flight attendants had to come and press some kind of manual override button in the armrest, then work in tandem to push/pull it into reclining mode and then back upright before landing. Entertainment system had a choice of 2 movies. The screen in the seatback next to mine kept falling out of the seat throughout the flight. I jokingly asked my seatmate if he'd brought any Scotch tape to fix it. The plane is an absolute disgrace to the LATAM name. On top of this, we were served the worst Business Class dinner I have ever experienced: ham and cheese sandwiches on stale, dried out white bread that was inedible. I actually felt sorry for the flight attendants having to apologize over and over for all this. They really should give a complete fare refund to all the folks who paid good money expecting that they were going to get a flight up to normal LATAM standards.