FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expected more from SQ inflight product
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:54 pm
onlySIA

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by lokijuh
If that's the case, maybe the OP meant the standard A350's not the LR A350's, noting that non-stops to destinations such as SFO, use the standard long haul configured A350's, and LR's only get used to EWR/LAX. PE definitely has its own lavatories on the LR version
SQ describe the configuration as "long haul" to distinguish it from the medium hall configuration (which has no PE) and from the "ultra long range" that has no Y. That's what I meant by LR though I should have said LH.

I am not mobility impaired but it's just a simple fact that with a moderate walk to the toilets you stand a high risk that someone will get there before you even if you stand up and start walking when it's empty. On the 777-300ER you have to walk past 95 people if you're sitting in the front row of PE, in contrast to the new A380 where you only have to walk past 44 people, or 75 people on the A350 (for twice as many toilets). Of course, the A380 has the advantage that there is a big enough PE to have its own dedicated section so I understand the airline's perspective. But from the consumer perspective the 777-300ER product has a worse location of the lavatories, partially offset by having a better location of the galley than the A350LH.