FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Voucher to eCredit, not usable by 2 fliers complaint/help?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:13 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gooselee
Was a little difficult to get through the length and extraneous information in OP (while the career/family/holiday complications suck, they are really irrelevant to DL). OP, if you continue to pursue this with DL, I'd encourage you to narrow subsequent inquiries to something much closer to your TL;DR summary.

But, I'm actually confused on two points here:
1. Original voucher was received >1 year ago. Don't these expire after a year? DL is pretty good about tying things all the way back to original FOP for stuff like this, exactly to be able to enforce original expiration dates.
2. I'd always thought that eCredits from cancelled flights could in fact be extended to a 2nd pax, so long as the original pax is flying and everything is on the same PNR. Is this not/no longer true?

#1 may be causing additional complication for OP. #2 is a little bit in his/her defense.
#2 - An ecredit for a cancelled ticket can only be used by the named passenger. While its called an ecredit,its simply the unused ticket. The value isn't transferred from the ticket to a voucher. DL just lists it as an ecredit since it gets processed in similar manner.

An ecredit for VDB can be used for multiple passengers in same reservation. However once exchanged for a ticket, unless refunded, the ticket is now what has the value, thus ticket can only be used by names passenger.