FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:23 am
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
It is just a loophole in their terms that Marriott is using for years to deny claims. It has been discussed a couple of times here and they will not change their view of the terms. But you are right, I also do not think, that a hotel will charge you extra if you book via an OTA (except of course in some cities a City Tax or some Resort fee).
I do agree and I am pushing back asking for an example of how this could work on a prepaid rate where I have paid the OTA and the OTA will pay the hotel. My contract is with the OTA and thus have 0 balance with the hotel and any percentage service charge of 0 is still 0.

I have also asked for an explanation of if they themselves booked a hotel of flight with an OTA and never looked at the providers own site like many do not if they got to the hotel / airport and were then asked to pay an extra 10-20% (of a converted into local currency amount) before they would be checked in would they accept this or furthermore think of any example where it would happen. I am maybe being a little hopeful in common sense prevailing here but I am curious to see what they answer.

It still amazes me what people will type and back up with terms and conditions (applied in a way they were never meant to be) even if it makes absolutly no sense in the real or legal world yet they cannot see just how farcicle what they suggest is.