FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Jomo Kenyatta International (Nairobi) Airport {KEN}
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:59 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Thanks for the review! I'll be staying there later this summer and was wondering what to expect. I have emailed the hotel to ask for an airport pickup-- were they waiting for you when you got out of the aiport, or did you need to phone them to send the vehicle?
I had 2x airport pick up arranged for 2 different days, for the 1st one (arriving in the evening), when got out from the arrivals hall, I saw a representative with a HGI board across the exit. He checked my name against his list.
For the 2nd one (early AM arrival), my flight arrived way earlier (> 30 mins) and since there was basically no line at the different check points (it can get crazy with the arrival of long haul flights), I was out of the airport 10 mins before my scheduled arrival time provided. In this case after waiting for 15 mins and not seeing anyone from the hotel, I called to ask and I was told to continue to wait while they contacted their driver. Even after calling I had to wait for another 10 mins when I saw a HGI car arriving (it was dropping of pax).
The airport pick up timing is often screwed up due to the unpredictable traffic at JKIA airport - you'll see what I mean when you're there since the main unpredictable one is the security check to enter the airport perimeter.

Cheers!