FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newb Question - Rewards Flight with 2 night layover?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:42 am
ChrisA330

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Toddcan
I know this is well known to veterans, and that I'd get a quick, accurate answer here.

I'm flying YYZ-ORD-HNL, all same day flights booked with Aeroplan. All business class, if that matters. YYZ-ORD is on AC, and ORD-HNL is on UA.
I'd like to stay 2 nights on a layover in Chicago.

Doable? any restrictions? If this is a go, we would be flying out this Sunday instead of Tuesday.

I appreciate the feedback. I'm just about to call AP to make the change, but wanted to check here for any cautions first.

Cheers!
Yes, you're allowed 1 stopover in addition to your point of turnaround (which is HNL).

28.2. Between Canada/Cont. USA and Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean:

28.2.1. Rule for rewards containing only Air Canada flight: Two stopovers are permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one stopover.

28.2.2. Rule for rewards containing a minimum of one flight on a Star Alliance partner other than Air Canada: One stopover is permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in addition to the one stopover.

https://www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do