FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iPhone 8 case recommendation
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:39 am
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I'm not sure what you mean by a dongle in this context.
I mean the adaptor to plug in to the port for the option of using lightweight wired earphones. I don't want a battery case to block the port.

The case takes a standard micro-USB plug, and the case, iirc, came with a USB-to-microUSB cord.
So the case leaves the bottom of the iPhone uncovered so I can plug an adapter into the port?

There is a small button on the back that you press and hold to charge the phone/stop charging.
That is great because I want to control when the battery case charges the phone.

I don't know if the case for the 7 is compatible with the 8. The one for the 7 had a very slightly different form factor than the one for the 6, but different enough that I had to buy a new one for the 7.
I appreciate that. I've seen on Amazon the Mophie case advertised as being compatible for the 6, 7 and 8; I found that too good to be true.

Originally Posted by CPRich
I'm quite happy with my Spigen Tough Armor….It's survived quite a few drops, has a convenient kickstand, and $16.
That looks good! I see that the battery case leaves the bottom of the phone uncovered so as not to block the port so I can plug an adaptor to use my own wired lightweight earphones while I figure out which wireless headphones to buy. Reviews look good. One issue some had was having access to the volume buttons

Is there a button or a lever that allows you to charge the phone?