FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A week in Liguria in June-- seeking general advice
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:16 am
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by asc12
We recently returned, and skipped most of the Ligurian coast entirely based in large part on advice from this thread.
Instead, we spent 3 days in Barolo, cycling or driving among the hilltop towns, drinking wine, and falling completely in love with the area. We couldn’t be happier with the decision.
I lived and worked in Torino, and know Piemonte well. I have no idea why people are so fascinated by Tuscany, when Piemonte is better. But I am writing to say don't be so quick to blow off Liguria.

The Foundation for Environmental Education rates beaches in 44 countries, based on 32 criteria, such as cleanliness of the water, clearness of the water, facilities for visitors, safety, etc, and awards them the coveted, "Blue Flag," Italy has 10% of the world's Blue Flag beaches, with Liguria having by far, the most prized beaches of all (30). Tuscany, Campania, Puglia, Le Marche, Sardinia each have only about half as many.