FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A week in Liguria in June-- seeking general advice
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:08 am
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
I used to live in Liguria but the opposite direction from Genova than where you are going (Chiavari). If you change your plans and go that way instead (Portofino, Santa Margherita, Camogli, Sestri Levante, the Cinque Terre, Porto Venere), I can help you. But I also agree that four nights in Alassio is a bit too many for my liking as well.
I'm actually headed that way in a couple of weeks and looking for suggestions where to stay. It is just a short trip (2 nights) but mid-week, if that makes a difference. Driving from and to MXP, so don't want to head as far as Cinque Terre (where I've been before), and also by the looks of it, avoid Portofino as that seems to be where everyone goes.

Do you recommend being based in one of the towns like Camogli, Rapallo etc (easy to drive?) or rather a bit more inland? Any suggestions for cozy hotels? Priorities are to unwind for a couple of days, good Italian food, avoiding the busiest tourist areas. Not too bothered about beaches. Thanks for any advice!