FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines Not Letting Me Check-In Online
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:42 pm
Reetmafreen

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I’ve had an SSSS on a COS-PHX flight.

Last month my wife could check in for our HKG-LAX-SAN flight, but her boarding pass wouldn’t down load. We used the in town check in desk in Hong Kong and saw that she had been SSSS’d for the HKG-LAX flight (we had both been SSSS’d for our last international flight LHR-LAX even though we both have GE). Upon arrival at LAX, I saw that her LAX-SAN boarding pass that was printed in HKG didn’t have TSA pre, so after exiting customs we went to T5 and I used a kiosk to reprint her BP. Big mistake as the new domestic BP came with another SSSS designation.

We did have a new one for us the other day on our LHR-LAX flight. The miles and copay upgrade cleared at T-30. I checked in at T-24 and was relieved to see both BPs download successfully. The next morning when I woke up, the app didn’t show a BP, but instead showed a check in icon. That failed, so I used a web browser and that too failed, but with a “cannot check in as the passenger has already checked in” error. Even when dropping off our bags and getting paper PBS, we never could get the BPs on the AA app.