Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Airlines Not Letting Me Check-In Online

American Airlines Not Letting Me Check-In Online

Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by ryan182
I've never had it on a domestic flight either, but also I've had pre-check since it was a pilot program and have assumed that having a KTN probably significantly lowers your odds of SSSS on domestic flights but I don't know that it prevents you from getting it. The one situation I've had that seems to trigger SSSS regularly is one-way international flights to the US from an international gateway, though that just gets you the extra treatment at the gate and doesn't effect you clearing security unless I suppose you're at an airport that does screening at each gate.
SSSS on international flights are usually random one of occurances. If you get it for purely domestic flights its not random and you most likely will be getting it for 6 months or so. Probably has something to do with travel history outside of the US to certain countries
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by gateH15

SSSS on international flights are usually random one of occurances. If you get it for purely domestic flights its not random and you most likely will be getting it for 6 months or so. Probably has something to do with travel history outside of the US to certain countries
I have Global Entry and the TSA doesn't have any record of my travel to "certain countries" but I will get SSSS once a year on a domestic flight and precheck the rest. I'll get it a couple of times a year on international flights.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
have very rarely encountered "inability to check in online" for a domestic flight due to a syncing error..ticket reissued, exact name discrepancy, etc

Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:20 am

This happened to me last week. I was checking my husband and myself in for our flight from FCO - ORD. (Yes I am aware I was flying international) Same reservation for both legs home. It would not issue my boarding pass but did issue my husband's. I called immediately fearing the worst. The phone agent said it showed me checked in on her end and that the agent at the ticket counter could give me more info. I was fully expecting SSSS. I got to the airport and everything was fine. They told me it was a glitch on the app. No SSSS, nothing wrong with my res.

Last edited by SunkissedMommy; Jun 18, 2019 at 10:26 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:13 pm
C46

Originally Posted by gateH15

SSSS on international flights are usually random one of occurances.

Random...

I takes exactly 12 keyboard hits, in Native SABRE, to grant ANYBODY the joy of SSSS.

Works on non-US carriers as well.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by C46
Random...

I takes exactly 12 keyboard hits, in Native SABRE, to grant ANYBODY the joy of SSSS.

Works on non-US carriers as well.
Ive learned to play along when friendly AA check in agent tries to make an awkward small talk to play along and be nice so I dont get slapped with SSSS.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by atsak
I haven't really had the desire to experiment with the other team previously, so I kind of consider it my experimental phase, however short it may be, the two times I've had SSSS. To paraphrase a Seinfeld episode, it didn't move (on it's own - I was lightly molested with the back of the agents hand), so I am assuming I can confirm which team I'm on (all said in jest, if offended let me know will remove).
Heck, I've gotten a Costanza massage with random secondary at Pre Check.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I’ve had an SSSS on a COS-PHX flight.

Last month my wife could check in for our HKG-LAX-SAN flight, but her boarding pass wouldn’t down load. We used the in town check in desk in Hong Kong and saw that she had been SSSS’d for the HKG-LAX flight (we had both been SSSS’d for our last international flight LHR-LAX even though we both have GE). Upon arrival at LAX, I saw that her LAX-SAN boarding pass that was printed in HKG didn’t have TSA pre, so after exiting customs we went to T5 and I used a kiosk to reprint her BP. Big mistake as the new domestic BP came with another SSSS designation.

We did have a new one for us the other day on our LHR-LAX flight. The miles and copay upgrade cleared at T-30. I checked in at T-24 and was relieved to see both BPs download successfully. The next morning when I woke up, the app didn’t show a BP, but instead showed a check in icon. That failed, so I used a web browser and that too failed, but with a “cannot check in as the passenger has already checked in” error. Even when dropping off our bags and getting paper PBS, we never could get the BPs on the AA app.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
So, with a flight within 24 hours to go, I wasn't able to check-in with the app or desktop. I found this thread, groaned, but then tried logging in as my wife (same PNR). From her account, it let us both check-in and both get TSAPre.

Maybe mine was a website glitch?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.