FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:24 pm
BRITINJAPAN4

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by drron
Have just checked out.Did not get the number of stays on arrival.
And I guess it had to happen but first service snafu after 25+ stays.Early to Rossinis for breakfast.Only 3 others there at 0640.gave our order fairly soon after our arrival.Couple at next table delivered their cooked items then cook walks out.At 0710 still no cooked breakfast so we left.The cook had just returned.
Now they really tried to recover.back in our room and a room service breakfast arrived.But we had just rung the concierge to have our bags collected.Then whilst checking out the server appeared by my side with a boxed breakfast.Sorry but the thought of eating in the car just didn't appeal to us-I hope it wasn't our cooked items.

Was going to stay again in September but no senior rate available.The stay 4 pay for 3 rate is now dearer than the Members flexible rate.Combined with the Aussie dollar dropping like a stone the ROS with a seniors rate is less than half the SGS rate.So we will miss the Living Room staff and the piano player in the evenings but we will be going back to the river.
Sorry to hear about the SNAFU, should not happen but seems as usual they went out of their way to try to make a recovery !

I would gladly pay at least double for SGS over ROS any day ! ROS is "tolerable" for a night or two to enjoy that part of town but its time the old girl was pulled down, re built and that should start with the staff !