FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels? for 1K irrops (WX, MX, ...)? [Consolidated Q&A 2015-forward]
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:08 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Last night around midnight while still waiting for our plane to go back to the gate, I called Hilton and booked a room at the Short Hills property. Only 15 mins by Uber. All the hotels I checked around the EWR had no rooms available. 1K desk rebooked us on today's flight and now showing a 2-hr delay out of EWR. Our original flight was not cancelled, it turned out. It left at 7 this morning. It had to return to the gate due to ATC and crew timed-out. So today I email them with my hotel folio, so we shall see.
They should reimburse you - I had a misconnect issue last year and rather than take the risk of no hotel rooms in ORD when I finally made it, I booked a room at the airport Hilton (big mistake, but that's another issue) with my corp rate, and while the agents in DEN and ORD would only offer me meal coupons, they had no rooms near the airport when I finally arrived aside from a Red Roof Inn miles away....even the airport agents told me to email the receipt and UA would send me a check, which they did.