FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ottawa Marriott [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:15 pm
VoodooYYC

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
As I said, I don’t mind the Delta at all. The infrastructure is what it is, but hotel ownership at the Marriott has made a conscious decision to not invest a dime in the property, and accept standards that are far different than what I am used to from the chain. The property would be a fine Ramada, maybe an acceptable aging Holiday Inn, but it’s not what I expect from Marriott.

Ottawa is a government town, and that reflects in the scene. There simply isn’t the demand for fine dining you see in similar sized cities, partially because there are no expense accounts that will pay for better quality experiences. It’s where fun went to die, and parents take children who have greatly disappointed them on summer vacation...

”Well, Braydon, we were thinking NYC this summer, but your C- average means we are going to Ottawa so we can see if anything will permeate your dim brain. I told your Mother it was a waste of time, but she’s soft, and still thinks you might amount to something. I, on the other hand, am sure that you’ll be lucky to be accepted as a sandwich artist at Subway”