FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:16 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lallied

I always write in with the form and reference number which is then linked to the complaint number and have never ever had a duplicate compensation. If you question it later they can track it all back. I guess it’s possible that if a form was submitted by the service director on your behalf and you also wrote and said you didn’t have a form that you might get it twice but given it’s linked to your seat number and locator number I don’t think that happens either. It’s just a hassle to keep tracking these things because sometimes you never get a reply
I keep the slip from the form on my desk until the eCoupon arrives. Which reminds me, I need to throw that out now

I snooze the customer relations email for a couple weeks if I go that route, and archive it when the reply comes in.

I've never not had a reply, but I find tracking isn't actually that difficult.

Though I did finally make a spreadsheet for all my travel gift cards and eCoupons. I only have 3 AC ones right now, but when I realized I have a total of 14 codes worth significant money among all airlines/hotels, I decided that would make things easier.