FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1st time on ANA: expectations for domestic flight
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:05 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Situation
Skyteam elite plus here, but I will be taking a Japan domestic on ANA. First time on ANA and first time outside the skyteam alliance in probably a decade. When I booked my flight, the a/c was a 737, but ANA recently upgaged the a/c to 763 with the 202 seat international configuration. I was able to snag one of the "business class" seats for free, but now I have a couple questions. Gate to gate is 1 hour, 45 minutes.

1. Will my free business class seat stick? I know if I was flying the airline I normally fly, they would figure it out and kick me to the back of the plane, but what are the odds it stays here? If the odds of getting kicked out are more than 90%, I would probably select an economy seat now so I don't end up with a bad seat, but otherwise I will make the gamble and suffer the consequences if I lose.

2. Do they serve any sort of drinks/snacks on domestic routes (in Y or in the J section)? I am just hoping for a bag of peanuts/pretzels, since the flight is at a time of day where I won't be very hungry but I will need something light to eat. If they don't serve any snacks, I will bring my own. Is there any differentiation of service between the sections on domestic flights.

Thanks!
Which route are you flying? ANA domestic flights do not have the business class - only economy and Premium Class.

In economy you will get free tea, coffee or soft drinks and a limited choice of snacks for sale. In Premium Class you will get a boxed meal or a snack depending on the time of the day.

Unless you paid for Premium Class there’s a good chance you will be moved to the back of the cabin.