1st time on ANA: expectations for domestic flight

Old Jun 19, 19, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

1st time on ANA: expectations for domestic flight

Skyteam elite plus here, but I will be taking a Japan domestic on ANA. First time on ANA and first time outside the skyteam alliance in probably a decade. When I booked my flight, the a/c was a 737, but ANA recently upgaged the a/c to 763 with the 202 seat international configuration. I was able to snag one of the "business class" seats for free, but now I have a couple questions. Gate to gate is 1 hour, 45 minutes.

1. Will my free business class seat stick? I know if I was flying the airline I normally fly, they would figure it out and kick me to the back of the plane, but what are the odds it stays here? If the odds of getting kicked out are more than 90%, I would probably select an economy seat now so I don't end up with a bad seat, but otherwise I will make the gamble and suffer the consequences if I lose.

2. Do they serve any sort of drinks/snacks on domestic routes (in Y or in the J section)? I am just hoping for a bag of peanuts/pretzels, since the flight is at a time of day where I won't be very hungry but I will need something light to eat. If they don't serve any snacks, I will bring my own. Is there any differentiation of service between the sections on domestic flights.

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 19, 4:05 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
Skyteam elite plus here, but I will be taking a Japan domestic on ANA. First time on ANA and first time outside the skyteam alliance in probably a decade. When I booked my flight, the a/c was a 737, but ANA recently upgaged the a/c to 763 with the 202 seat international configuration. I was able to snag one of the "business class" seats for free, but now I have a couple questions. Gate to gate is 1 hour, 45 minutes.

1. Will my free business class seat stick? I know if I was flying the airline I normally fly, they would figure it out and kick me to the back of the plane, but what are the odds it stays here? If the odds of getting kicked out are more than 90%, I would probably select an economy seat now so I don't end up with a bad seat, but otherwise I will make the gamble and suffer the consequences if I lose.

2. Do they serve any sort of drinks/snacks on domestic routes (in Y or in the J section)? I am just hoping for a bag of peanuts/pretzels, since the flight is at a time of day where I won't be very hungry but I will need something light to eat. If they don't serve any snacks, I will bring my own. Is there any differentiation of service between the sections on domestic flights.

Thanks!
Which route are you flying? ANA domestic flights do not have the business class - only economy and Premium Class.

In economy you will get free tea, coffee or soft drinks and a limited choice of snacks for sale. In Premium Class you will get a boxed meal or a snack depending on the time of the day.

Unless you paid for Premium Class thereís a good chance you will be moved to the back of the cabin.
Old Jun 19, 19, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Which route are you flying? ANA domestic flights do not have the business class - only economy and Premium Class.

In economy you will get free tea, coffee or soft drinks and a limited choice of snacks for sale. In Premium Class you will get a boxed meal or a snack depending on the time of the day.

Unless you paid for Premium Class thereís a good chance you will be moved to the back of the cabin.
The nomenclature always gets me Got a little outside of what I am used to and couldn't really find much info on the domestic flights. HND-CTS. This is helpful info, thanks!
Old Jun 19, 19, 6:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The nomenclature always gets me Got a little outside of what I am used to and couldn't really find much info on the domestic flights. HND-CTS. This is helpful info, thanks!
Iíve flown between HND and CTS a few times and am surprised if they changed the equipment to a 763 with only 202 seats as these flights are usually very full. Some ANA flights are operated by Air Do on a 763 but the a/c will have more than 202 seats with no Premium Class. If your flight is operated by Air Do they will serve you clear onion soup in addition to tea and coffee.
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:06 am

Programs: AA PtPro (1 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Here is the info:

ANA domestic drink service in economy
ANA domestic snack sale in economy

If I were you rather than paying 300 - 800 yen on those snacks sold during the flight, buy snacks at shops at the gate area before boarding. Same can be said for drinks if you want something specific.
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:40 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List, CX Diamond
Check ANA timetable.
https://www.ana.co.jp/dom/airinfo/ti...pdf/190701.pdf

Aircraft 763 means probably AirDO code share flight with flight number 47xx.

If that is your flight, you had better visit AirDO web site for timetable, aircraft type, and inflight service.
https://www.airdo.jp/en/
https://www.airdo.jp/en/plan/timetable/
Old Jun 20, 19, 9:17 am

Programs: AA PtPro (1 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
When I booked my flight, the a/c was a 737, but ANA recently upgaged the a/c to 763 with the 202 seat international configuration.
If your flight number is four digit NH 47** then the flight is operated by AirDo. However, you mentioned switch from 737 to 203 seats 763, which AirDo aircraft is all single class with AirDo 763 seating 286-289. 202 seat 763 has to be international configured ANA 763, ANA flight.
Old Jun 20, 19, 10:43 am
Original Poster

I have a 2 digit flight number, not the 47xx, and the seat map definitely matches the intl configured 767, so does not appear to be airdo at the moment (I know that is always subject to change though. Thanks everyone for your help!
Old Jun 20, 19, 6:37 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
That would probably, unless it is a booking very far out put you on NH81. Even though it is a 737 normally it is sold with premium class. The 767 has far more premium seats, but as they can't subdivide the cabin, I would say it is very likely you will be moved to the Y cabins. Unless the change is based on them really needing the number of seats of the 767.
Old Jun 23, 19, 9:15 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Alaska Mileage Plan, Amtrak Guest Rewards
No idea about the particulars of business class, but yes, there are drinks and snacks. Use the links somebody else provided.

However, if your premium class seat does stick, here's what they'll serve.
Old Sep 18, 19, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Thought I should update my experience. Yes, my business class style lie flat seat stuck so very happy about that! Loved the cameras mounted outside the a/c that you could watch while taxiing and in flight. There was no snack service but they did provide a complimentary glass of coffee/tea (I ate prior to the flight). Checkin was surprisingly difficult. After the kiosk could not find my reservation, I assumed handing over my passport to an agent or providing my PNR would be helpful, but neither were. They need to look you up by either confirmation # or seat assignment. Overall, a good experience for a short flight.
Old Sep 18, 19, 9:55 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond
Thought I should update my experience. Yes, my business class style lie flat seat stuck so very happy about that! Loved the cameras mounted outside the a/c that you could watch while taxiing and in flight. There was no snack service but they did provide a complimentary glass of coffee/tea (I ate prior to the flight). Checkin was surprisingly difficult. After the kiosk could not find my reservation, I assumed handing over my passport to an agent or providing my PNR would be helpful, but neither were. They need to look you up by either confirmation # or seat assignment. Overall, a good experience for a short flight.
I once flew that route and had booked a Premium Class ticket. Of course there was an equipment change and I got handed an envelope with cash in it and a ticket that didn't work. Glad to hear your experience was better than mine.
Old Sep 19, 19, 11:06 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card, Amanjunkie, Global Entry, CLEAR
Domestic ANA, expect domestic UA. It may be a bit better but this way youíll be happy. Trust me. NH is nothing special, go in with that mindset.

Search this Thread