FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skytrax 2019
Thread: Skytrax 2019
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:21 am
fender5787

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I agree with most of the awards QR got; I do think it’s the worlds best airline, worlds best business class, best business class seat, etc. but digging in deeper into the results, there’s quite a few rankings where I feel Qatar is quite overrated, mostly in regards to specific first and business lounge ratings. How does AL Mourjan rank as the worlds 4th best J lounge or have the 5th best J lounge food in the world, beating out the likes of AF, LX, TK, or the non-sfo UA Polaris lounges? Especially with the crowds at peak times, and the subsequent wait times for drinks at the bar or showers. And how does Al Safwa tank as the second best F lounge overall and for catering? I’d argue that LH, AF, CX and maybe others have better F service on the ground at their hubs. It’s quite confusing since I’m sure many of us have quite a few qualms with QR’s ground services at DOH. But overall still, congrats QR!