FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whisky Trails Trip - Scotland
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:21 am
torcross

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by bhrubin
As a whisky collector and fanatic who loves fine dining, thanks for sharing! We will be mimicking some of your amazing trip details on our wedding anniversary trip next year. Trip of a lifetime, for sure. I’m envious about some of those barrel tastings!
As a fanatic whisky collector and drinker I cannot put into words how amazing it was and quite a few times I really had to pinch myself into believing I was not going to wake up, especially in the Brora storage, I thought it was the pinnacle when they said we were going to taste a 40 year old Brora and then they said 'who wants to remove the bung on this 1977 Brora', well etiquette went out the window and I was over to the cask in a shot. Simply amazing, and the food and the wine etc,etc,etc

BTW the difference between the 40 year old from 1979 to the 1977 was amazing, I did know about the earlier years being heavily peated due to the drought on Islay but didn't realise the 1977 was going to be so peated (in a really nice smoky way and not a harsh over the top) but the 1979 (40 year old) had a whiff of smoke at the most.

Anything you need to know don't hesitate to contact.

Last edited by torcross; Jun 18, 2019 at 1:26 am Reason: extra text