FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR J vs CX J?
Thread: QR J vs CX J?
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:10 pm
bear travels

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by swingaling
FWIW, the CX J seat is basically the same as what AA has on their 77W fleet. It’s generally regarded as among the best J seats out there (second only to the Qsuite). AA has different seats on their 787, 767, 757 and A330 fleets (all of which fly to EU). Do you know which specific AA seat your OH dislikes?
It was the 77W that we flew on last time with AA. He generally spends most of the flight on his laptop/working (not a big sleeper on planes at all) and found it was very uncomfortable for this. I on the other hand seem to be able to sleep on any lie flat bed (after a few beverages)

Out of interest what would you consider a reasonable fare for ex-EU to HKG one way? I have no idea how one way tickets are normally priced vs return.

I think we are still leaning towards QR at the moment as his biggest dislike on BA/AA is the poor soft product and general lack of consistency. On that basis it seems to me that the best option is QR, especially as he hasn't flown with them before and this flight is part of a larger trip around SEA so time value isn't an issue vs a normal holiday.

Thanks everyone for your replies so far though - much appreciated and definitely points to consider.