FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA comp interim status + challenge offer / targeted promo 2019
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:17 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JMBResona
Seems like it.

From an e-mail AA sent me:

So for instance, even if you flew a CX codeshare on JL metal, or vice versa, it wouldn't count under the terms of this challenge.

EDIT: I should say, this was the terms for my 1K -> EXP challenge. It might (although I'm fairly certain it wouldn't) differ for other status levels. (Any chance of them giving you Concierge Key on account of your UA GS status?)
That is likely incorrect. JL operated by CX would most likely count. CX operated by CX or JL would certainly not.

There’s no chance AA will grant you CK on the basis of UA GS, but see the Concierge Key thread here and feel free to inquire at AA - Sales make that decision, and it’s by invitation, by prepurchasing ~$60-70k of Travel or other unrevealed criteria such as influencer of travel, etc.

Originally Posted by aabrock2187
So I am currently on the Hyatt EXP challenge (same requirements as this one) and just wanted to see if anyone had a confirming data point. I emailed and got assurance that a JL operated/marketed flight qualifies; my intention is to use the Amex IAP program to buy the ticket, which will save about 10% and all segments book into X. There isn’t some strange quirk of the IAP program that would invalidate challenge earnings is there?
Challenges normally include EQM and EQD on flights marketed by AA joint business partners AA, AY, BA, IB, JL on qualifying flights (operated by oneworld airlines, etc.) Variably, QF. Whose ticket stock is used is immaterial; it’s the fare class and method of calculating EQD that matters.

Consult the JL earning page on aa.com to see exactly how fare class X earns.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 16, 2019 at 12:24 pm