FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Boarding [at MAN] is still such a joke . Why bother.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:48 am
Telecasterman

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Crofton138
Yes, this is the usual set-up for 142 & 143. Gate 141 is an absolute farce and I typically walk through Boots to try and get to where Groups 1-2-3 should be queuing. It still amazes me that when disembarking through 141, the ground staff have to stop passengers walking through from security area to the departure lounge to allow the plane to empty. But, then again, it is Manchester airport where customer experience is bottom of the management's priority list.
T3 as discussed up thread is not really fit for current use, Domestic arriving passengers (inc those connections from international at LHR) via BA at 141 have to use the jet bridge to disembark into a shared space. The only way to prevent cross contamination of those passengers and those newly screened at T3 going outbound is use the tensa barrier to separate the 141 arrivals straight across the narrow corridor and down the stairs opposite into arrivals/ baggage reclaim. As soon as those passengers have cleared and a security sweep has been done the tensa barrier is released and outbound passengers released onwards to the departure areas, shop etc...

Hope that helps a little, a true pain, yes I agree but until T3 is sorted within the overall strategic change project it will remain in place.