Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Priority Boarding [at MAN] is still such a joke . Why bother.

Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE

Arrived 30mins before my flight - priority on the right, Group 4/5 on the left. What’s priority being the 125th person in the queue?

Hmm...
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:43 am

Basically because it is too easy to get a shiny card on BA these days
T8191, KARFA and Sozee like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, MLife Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
For the volume of group 1,2 & 3 passengers from Manchester, I do wish they would something better. The corridor is not wide enough to split each group, if they tried limiting to just groups 1&2 it would likely make no difference and would not deliver on promises for status, they should use other gates in my mind. I can't see any other solution at the moment.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Is this a Where In The World Am I photo?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
Just walk to the front of the line saying very loudly, 'excuse me I'm gold', that never fails
VSLover, Sealink, cjb666 and 17 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by MANtraveller
For the volume of group 1,2 & 3 passengers from Manchester, I do wish they would something better. The corridor is not wide enough to split each group, if they tried limiting to just groups 1&2 it would likely make no difference and would not deliver on promises for status, they should use other gates in my mind. I can't see any other solution at the moment.
Which gates do you propose? Don’t think many have good areas for organising boarding.

I wonder if the line tonight has gone mixed up and people are joining group 1/2/3 line when they are meant to be at the wall for group 4/5.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ginger50
Is this a Where In The World Am I photo?
Way too easy
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
If it is Manchester totally agree, it's also a pretty poor airport all the same...
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by buddman
Arrived 30mins before my flight - priority on the right, Group 4/5 on the left. What’s priority being the 125th person in the queue?...

When I’ve boarded from 142 the Group 1/2/3 queue is usually the one on the left, and the line is typically about 1/3 of the size of Group 4/5 line. In fact almost identical to the lines in your photograph.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Not much more on the rumours of BA moving over to the new terminal later this year?.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Not much more on the rumours of BA moving over to the new terminal later this year?.
I was in the lounge last week and one of the team there (who has been there for many years) suggested that BA would be moving to T2.....but wasn't sure when
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
You got priority over the other 25 I guess.
Beano and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by buddman
Arrived 30mins before my flight - priority on the right, Group 4/5 on the left. What’s priority being the 125th person in the queue?
Because on a lot of other airports/flights there are a lot less group 1/2/3 customers and you do board earlier and have room for your carry on.

I mean I can understand that its frustrating but its a "Exception that proves the rule" kind of thing.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Oh it's honestly so easy, just turn up 21 minutes to departure, there will be tumbleweed going down the corridor with you at that point, and a mightily relived Menzies agent at the other end who will be genuinely pleased to see you. It's less than 5 minutes from the lounge too.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Groups 1-3 have always been on the right for me on that gate. Generally a dozen or so in front of me as well. Not sure about behind but the group 4-5 queue stretches back a bit.

Just don't do a Ryanair and turn up at T-13 to find you've been offloaded.....
At least BA do final name calls over the tv system so you know you can waltz up last at that point

The terminal is too narrow to do any real queuing properly. Look at when FR are boarding from say Gate 52. The queue generally stretches back in front of Gate 51 and people tend to just join the first queue they see (even if their flight is at Gate 56). Badly placed pillars and that new coffee shop don't help with queues and people trying to get past.

Same with the area around gates 44-48. Get a couple of FR flights and a AF/KLM or Flybe there at the same time and it's bedlam trying to figure out where your queue is, especially at the bottleneck corridor leading from gate 49.

A move to T2 would be fun. Can take up to 20mins to walk to some gates at present....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.