FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:25 am
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by joakgarp
I must stress the supervisors are actually great to talk to and very service minded. I can only say good about them the few times I've been forced to escalate after LOTS of replying forth and back with Marriott's few rogue agent.
I think folks here in this thread should do the same. Don't start a dialogue with the brg agents as some of them are out in the blue thinking they are beyond the rules and denying left to right; instead escalate the claim directly to a supervisor if you are not happy with the outcome of your claim. By escalating to a supervisor you are letting the supervisor know what's wrong in the brg chain as well and what can be improved for future claims.

There's also a hot line to call (I'll update the Wiki with the phone number if it's not there already) and ask for a supervisor to get back to you. I think my latest phone call a few months back said a supervisor will get back to me within 48 hours but it was rather 15 hours. It's also possible to ask for a reply by email which I suppose a supervisor prefers as well.

Edit: Our small little wiki is now updated and also with the information that the BRG does not apply to Design Hotel properties. I've noticed recent times some new comers asking about claims for Design Hotels.
Fully agree on the supervisors I had got to know a few over the years on the SPG side of things, quite a few have now left however the ones I ahve spoken to recently are usually pretty good I just simply don't have the time to battle it out and find so many mistakes now. Recently I had a BRG where they forgot to give me the 25% and took a lot more effort than it should of to get it put right! I do feel for the supervisors I think they basically have a lot of new / poorly trained people working below them who cant understand common sense or even the t&c's of the program they are enforcing!