FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Boarding [at MAN] is still such a joke . Why bother.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:20 pm
madfish

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ginger_lord
Very odd, everytime I've flown from MAN (usually to LHR) its always had 1-3 on the left and very hard to see usually because the 4-5 is 100+ more people. Never seen it the other way round, even on that gate. Agree the gate area is absolutely not wide enough but often it seems 1-3 don't even realise there is a seperate lane for them.

The priority security is also a 50:50 chance of actually being any faster than regular I find. In the end I think the only status thing I frequently use is the lounges (not as bad as everyone makes out unless I've been really lucky) and priority checkin when theres rarely a person in front of you.
Does this not depend on how you are looking at the gates? Gates 142 and 143 are on opposite ends of the same corridor. If queuing at gate 142 then group 4/5 are at the wall so are on the left as you look towards the gate. At gate 143, which is at the other end of the corridor, then group 4:5 are also against the wall, but this is on your right looking towards the gate.

And don't get me started on the abomination that is gate 141.