FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Boarding [at MAN] is still such a joke . Why bother.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:26 am
Mr Silver K

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
As a MAN very very regular, I always go to the gate when it appears on my app, rather than wait for it to appear on the departure board. They could board by group number if they really wished to, but it would take committed, morivated staff to do so. Plus they’d need to train the non BA staff involved in the boarding.

I hope that, along with the lounge Wi-fi and priority security, these things will get fixed if and when BA moves to T2
According to the lovely lady in the lounge, the new T2 will become a scheduled airline terminal only and all budget airlines will be shipped to T3.

The lounge at T2 will not have the views that current lounge has. Time frames on the move varies between who you talk to. The airport says pier two will open in April 2020 but I had a friend who worked on the construction of pier 1 and said it was laughable to say pier 2 will open next year. The plan was to build new buildings for the main concourse but now the plan is to just refurbish the current structure. Not the best decision Manchester Airport Group has made.

BA will move when there is capacity to move but don’t hold you breath with it being within a year. Having said that, there is light at the end of the tunnel for the awful experience that is MAN!