FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH only as good as weakest link - Baggage service
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:04 am
ChrisBub

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
I also had a poor experience recently on a BOG-AMS in J via FRA. Neither my bag nor my partner's arrived in AMS. LH did deliver mine 48 hours later to my home address in BRU, but it took 4 days for my partner's to arrive. When mine arrived, it had obviously been opened and checked, which is fine, except all of my clothes and goods were just thrown back in and it was a complete mess. My jeans had been stamped on (huge boot mark on the front of them.

LH agreed to pay toiletries and offered 30Eur in compensation on top of that. I said I would accept only on the condition that they told me who had opened my luggage, why, and why my clothes had been walked over. They said they couldn't explain anything. I never received the compensation, and my partner also didn't receive compensation nor the money for the extra toiletries she bought even though they asked twice for the receipts and her bank details (and received them twice) and confirmed that they would send her the money for her essentials that she bought.

This was 2 months ago. I gave up on pursuing any further as in the end aside from the mess and having to wash perfectly clean jeans I didn't see the point, and LH didn't really seem to care about the fact their customers luggage can be dealt with in such a way, regardless of whether it be by security in Colombia, groundstaff there or in FRA, or whatever. Left a very bad taste in my mouth.