FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Cambrian, Design Hotel - Adelboden, Switzerland [Master Thread}
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:55 am
Fims

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I stayed here in August 2016 and it was one of the most horrible hotel stays ever. The front desk agent was a clueless intern who took over 20 minues (without the queue) to check in, the bathroom had serious mold cover at shower area, the room had several issues as well. Back then in the room they had signs that breakfast is free (as on every booking channel it was advertised it so as well), only to discover later in the restaurant that it was not the case for SPG members.

The GM was downright hostile, claiming that the hotel has had visitors from over 50 countries and all of them enjoy the fungus in bathroom and I should not worry. She said that they just do not have enough cleaning staff during the summer months, so sometimes they don't do laundry between the guests and let the mold grow as well.

After getting SPG involved later, I managed to recover the cost for the night eventually.

Only nice thing as a small (crowded) swimming pool with mountain views. Perhaps now after renovations they have also renovated the management and situation is better. But I would not return.