FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you have a favorite car, least favorite car
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:46 am
dect002

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I have been Exec Elite for the last 3 years or so and have been able to book midsize (required by my company's T&E policies) and select whatever I want from the Exec Aisle. In a few cases I have paid an upgrade fee out of my pocket when something particularly interesting was in the Prestige area, or whatever they call it. Often, they have just waived the upgrade fee or discounted it heavily - even from the "official" Exec discount. For example, a couple of months ago I took a Range Rover Sport from PDX for 2 days. The hang tag had $75/day for the upgrade, marked down to $60 for Exec. I asked if they could do better and they knocked it down to $15/day. At SNA I took a BMW 4-series convertible for 4 days at an extra $30/day. When I brought it back and asked to pay the upgrade fee on my personal card, they said that would be too much trouble and they just waived the upcharge. At DEN I asked what the upcharge would be to take a Miata for a week, and the dude handed me a business card and told me to tell the exit booth that he said that I could have it at no charge. I could go on, but the message is that they seem to treat me really well and bend over backwards to by more than fair.
That’s really good. Looks like they are really nice to you. I had mix expirence with national. To date, the staff at LAX and PHX are one of the most friendly.