FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA {US-CA}
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:50 pm
Rbt001

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I do suggest a 2-night stay in Anaheim, though, even for a 1-day Disneyland trip. Otherwise you're going to be stressed out either in the morning or the evening, having to worry about storing luggage, etc. With two nights you can get there and get settled in, the next day enjoy Disney, and have one more night after that before moving elsewhere.

Do your research on Disney, too. One day runs the risk of being a huge stressor and disappointment without some investigation and planning.
I would suggest the same thing: a two night stay at Hilton Anaheim. That's what I did a few years ago when I planned one day for Disney. Here are a few points:
  • There is a Disney desk right in the hotel, making it convenient to purchase tickets the day/early evening before your visit. Price is the same as if purchased at the park. This saves time and a line the morning of your park visit.
  • You may already know that a one-day pass is for one park: Magic Kingdom or California Adventure. Hopper passes require a minimum of a 3 day ticket and all the days must be used in a short period of time, (Used to be the days never expired.) So this means that you have to decide which park you want to visit.
  • The two night stay means that you can fully enjoy the park, without a check-out/check-in and commute.
  • This hotel runs a shuttle to the park entrance, if you don't want to walk.
  • It's suggested to arrived at least 30 minutes prior to park opening to allow time for clearing the security line, then lining up at the entrance gates. The day I was there, they opened 10 minutes earlier than scheduled which was nice.