Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Any good Hilton Executive lounges in LA?

I'm Diamond and headed that way next month and I'm wondering what my Lounge options might be?
I'm not familiar with any lounges there, except I've heard the airport lounge is bad and that the Beverly Hilton doesn't have one.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:17 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Any breakfast benefits for Diamonds at the DT Santa Monica?

Lounge access?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Any recommendations in or near the airport? Lax
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by worldiswide
Any recommendations in or near the airport? Lax
If your stuck on Hilton their best game in town and reasonably new is The H Hotel or the adjoining Homewood Suites
I haven't stayed but overall the reviews are strong
The Hilton LAX sadly has seen better days.Last time I was there I was subjected to the poor offerings in the club lounge
It was overrun with guests standing to eat and children out of control grabbing food with their hands
it was time to throw in the towel.The worst part was not having working wifi
Perhaps someone can chime in and say its great now?

The Best game in town by far is the Hyatt Regency Los Angeles Airport or Sheraton Gateway followed by Renaissance LAX all of which have been renovated and up to some of the best
standards you will find at LAX .The food service among the 3 about best you will get @ LAX
For Smoked Salmon lovers Hyatt is the clear winner and I love what the designer did to the room George Jetson would be happy there
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:55 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
No lounge at the DT Santa Monica and the Diamond breakfast benefit is only for the guest +1. Children under 13 years are charges at $9 plus tax and tip for the buffet. Restaurant (4th St. Grill) staff are actually very good unlike the FD staff who seem to despise Diamonds!

Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Need advice on Hiltons in Disneyland and LAX area

Hi all,
Pardon if this is the wrong place to post, but my family and I (2 adults and a 3 yr old) are looking at visiting Disneyland for a day in mid to late September 2019. We are planning to fly into LAX from STL on a Sunday and then visiting Disneyland on a Tuesday. We plan to return to STL almost a week later on Saturday.

Questions:

1.) What Hilton should we stay at for visiting Disneyland for a day?
2.) After Disneyland, is there a recommended Hilton for a more relaxing atmosphere (perhaps a resort) that is not too far from LAX for our return flight?Maybe beach access? Good walkability to different things to do? Etc? Trying to make it easy traveling with a 3yr old and relaxing as possible....but not sure if that's possible in this area...
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
We really like the Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort - Convention Center at 2010 S. Harbor Blvd. It's about a mile walk to Disneyland--almost easier than taking the Disney Parking lot shuttle next door. If you get a suite, the room will have a small kitchen, which is nice. We've stayed there multiple time since it first opened a few years ago, and we've always had a good experience.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by hockeydiva
We really like the Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort - Convention Center at 2010 S. Harbor Blvd. It's about a mile walk to Disneyland--almost easier than taking the Disney Parking lot shuttle next door. If you get a suite, the room will have a small kitchen, which is nice. We've stayed there multiple time since it first opened a few years ago, and we've always had a good experience.
I second this location. We do walk next door to the shuttle lot though.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The Waterfront Beach Resort in Huntington Beach gets a lot of favorable comments. You could consider this for part 2 of your stay.
The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}
indufan likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:33 pm

The Doubletree Suites is also nice. It's a little further away so not quite as walkable. However, the ART shuttle bus stops right in front of the hotel. As the name implies, most of the rooms are suites so you'll be able to have some separation at bedtime. I believe there's a mini-fridge, but I can't remember if there's a microwave. I've stayed here, also with a 3 year old (at the time) and it was fine. If you have a stroller, then the Homewood may be better if you want to save the shuttle fare. If no stroller, then the ART which also stops near the Homewood, will be good for little legs. HH Gold breakfast at the hotel consisted of the full buffet when I was there last. Since you're only there for one night, I don't think you can go wrong either way.
indufan likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I do suggest a 2-night stay in Anaheim, though, even for a 1-day Disneyland trip. Otherwise you're going to be stressed out either in the morning or the evening, having to worry about storing luggage, etc. With two nights you can get there and get settled in, the next day enjoy Disney, and have one more night after that before moving elsewhere.

Do your research on Disney, too. One day runs the risk of being a huge stressor and disappointment without some investigation and planning.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I stayed at Embassy Suites Orange for a few nights last year and it was very average. Terrible staff and check-in, it had the worst Internet in any hotel ever (DHCP server had even run out of reservations and couldn't give any more out) and speeds were actually totally unusable between about 6pm and 8am and the room was pretty worn.

Evening reception and breakfast was literally like feeding time at the zoo, but I guess you expect that at a hotel aimed at families.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thank you everyone!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:28 pm

Just stayed last week at the Hampton Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort Convention Center which is brand new and probably one of the nicest Hampton Inns I've stayed at. Walked to the park each day and it took about 20 mins. Also agree with the above advice to book a 2 night stay if poss.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I do suggest a 2-night stay in Anaheim, though, even for a 1-day Disneyland trip. Otherwise you're going to be stressed out either in the morning or the evening, having to worry about storing luggage, etc. With two nights you can get there and get settled in, the next day enjoy Disney, and have one more night after that before moving elsewhere.

Do your research on Disney, too. One day runs the risk of being a huge stressor and disappointment without some investigation and planning.
I would suggest the same thing: a two night stay at Hilton Anaheim. That's what I did a few years ago when I planned one day for Disney. Here are a few points:
  • There is a Disney desk right in the hotel, making it convenient to purchase tickets the day/early evening before your visit. Price is the same as if purchased at the park. This saves time and a line the morning of your park visit.
  • You may already know that a one-day pass is for one park: Magic Kingdom or California Adventure. Hopper passes require a minimum of a 3 day ticket and all the days must be used in a short period of time, (Used to be the days never expired.) So this means that you have to decide which park you want to visit.
  • The two night stay means that you can fully enjoy the park, without a check-out/check-in and commute.
  • This hotel runs a shuttle to the park entrance, if you don't want to walk.
  • It's suggested to arrived at least 30 minutes prior to park opening to allow time for clearing the security line, then lining up at the entrance gates. The day I was there, they opened 10 minutes earlier than scheduled which was nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.