FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hassle-free to claim Krisflyer miles for bookings with Star Alliance airlines
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:32 pm
Marslee

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
OTA vs. booking direct doesn’t have anything to do with accruing miles. Your operating carrier (you haven’t mentioned your flight #) and your fare class (E, L , S, M, Y etc.) determines that.

In your case what I think is that while you booked economy saver at the same price they were tickets in different fare classes. For instance your ticket might have been in L fare class which is not eligible for miles in KF whereas your sister’s economy saver could have been in S fare class which is eligible for accrual in KF. Hence KF is refusing to credit your miles. Do check your flight # and fare class and share that. Those are the only two things that determine whether or not you’ll earn miles.

Also asking for the BP is standard silly response (completely outdated and impractical in today’s eBP era). Sharing your ticket copy will help you get your miles credited (as long as you’re eligible)!
Well, I have a different view based on the 2 cases I experienced. It appeared that booking via OTA saved me the trouble from having to ensure whether the booking class of my flights is eligible for accruing miles or not. As a passenger, I guess "Hassle-free" is the key word I will look for in selecting whether to book air ticket directly with the airlines or via OTA without paying anything extra, i.e. even airfare for economy saver would also allocated eligible booking class. I also don't really want to spare my time and memory to take note of the accruing booking class concept. What I want is, I pay for for the ticket and the miles accruing is well taken care of by the respective parties.

I thought of sharing my experiences with other passengers who also enjoy Hassle-free but still receive accruing miles like me, you may have different view but let's stick to the topic of the forum "Hassle-free...".

Oh! By the way, I didn't have to go through such a hassle when I booked Emirates flight under Skywards membership. Perhaps I shall consider sticking to Skywards instead of supporting KF under my homeland's airline operator. That was why I am really disappointing with KF's customer service.

Thanks.

Last edited by Marslee; Jun 13, 2019 at 6:40 pm