FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines Not Letting Me Check-In Online
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:50 pm
hipquest

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by kbooks66
I am running into an issue I have never had before on American. I am trying to check in for my flight from SEA - LAX - OGG set for tomorrow morning and it is not letting me check in online. I go through the entire process and I end up getting and error saying I need to check in at the airport. My ticket is a standard economy ticket (not basic) and we are not checking any bags. I am not sure why it is not letting me check in online.

I would prefer to check-in ahead of time as my flight leaves at 5:55am and I really don't want to deal with getting to the airport earlier than normal to stand in line at the checkin counter.
Go into your reservation and check on your information. Make sure your passport info is there and make sure the state you live in is there as well any field that has a red dot.
This happened to us a couple of months ago on our return from FRA. No problems on our trip over but, according to the check in agent, the state where we live was not showing in the reservation. We did not get the dreaded SSSS, in fact we got Precheck (my husband does not have KTN and I do).