FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL>VS Interline Luggage ? (14 hr overnight "layover")
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:46 am
bergamini

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
DL>VS Interline Luggage ? (14 hr overnight "layover")

I hate red-eyes so I booked the VS flight out of BOS at 8:15 AM this Saturday (to LHR) and booked a positioning flight in the day before so I could have dinner with a friend then get some good sleep at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I'll be in London for almost 2 full weeks and will be playing tennis, taking some runs and the second week I'll be doing some work. Several of my clients now require that I use their hardware to get on their network so I'll be traveling with at least 4 laptops and I will really only want 2 in my backpack. So I am definitely going to have 2 big checked bags pushing the VS 50# limit (seems pretty explicitly limited to 50#, because I could make 75# work in one).

I don't really want to lug 2 huge bags to my hotel and back for 14 hours. I called the DM desk and first time was told they would interline and hold overnight, but she didn't convince me so I called again and they said no. So, does anyone have experience with a 14 hour overnight "layover" on an interline baggage check? They are separate tickets. I successfully interline to VS all the time but never overnight. Land at 6:25 PM on Friday, depart at 8:15 AM on Saturday. I am guessing no. But maybe more importantly I want to know if someone has done it because even if they accept it, then I worry that they may get delayed.