FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:42 am
MaldivesFreak

Music for the seaplane journey

Originally Posted by Jimwagner2
Yes the revised plan was perfect! The team at Rangali really appreciated the organization, as for music sure why not!
Try the 2 albums from Achillea. Excellent and liked by a whole range of folks with different tastes.

I usually play Desnudame & A Maria Santissima from the album Amadas Estrellas - the former on the way to Rangali and the latter on the return journey back to Male.
And from the album The Nine Worlds I play Prelude and Ragnarok - Twilight of the Gods one after the other (tracks 1 & 2) as we take off - the perfect way to start a holiday in the Maldives IMHO. You might like to keep playing the tracks in order and add Odin's Hill (track 3) as well. And then I follow with Staraja Ladoga* then Cape Porcupine on the return flight. On the outbound I add Land of the Elves after A Maria Santissima (mentioned above) and then Othila - The Rune Masters to finish off, sometimes letting it play the next track Achillea - Exodus as well.

So, to simplify (sorry, the above is a bit confusing);

Inbound to Rangali (or whatever resort you're going to);
1. Prelude (The Nine Worlds)
2. Ragnarok - Twilight of the Gods (The Nine Worlds)
3. Desnudame (Amadas Estrellas, perfect when flying over the atolls and small islands within)
4. Shears From Scar (The Nine Worlds, perfect when flying over the atolls and small islands within)
5. Odin's Hill (The Nine Worlds, optional track)

Outbound to Male (the saddest day of the year for me, LOL);
1. Staraja Ladoga* (The Nine Worlds, perfect when flying over the atolls and small islands within)
2. Cape Porcupine (The Nine Worlds)
3. A Maria Santissima (Amadas Estrellas, played as the last track is also a good choice)
4. Land of the Elves (The Nine Worlds)
5. Othila - The Rune Masters (The Nine Worlds)
6. Achillea - Exodus (The Nine Worlds, optional)

* This track is interesting as it's suitable for both the inbound and outbound but get's slightly, very slightly, downbeat towards the end with the guitars so it usually gets played on the trip back to Male

Of course you might well find that this music or these lists (or the orders) don't do it for you. Sorry in advance, LOL. What you can do is take Desnudame and Staraja Ladoga and listen to them before you go, while you have your eyes closed and imagine flying over the atolls. If you've flown on a seaplane to a resort in the Maldives before you won't even need to close your eyes, LOL. Or maybe that only applies to me, heh. Anyway, if you think they're good / suitable then you'll probably be reasonably happy with the compilation.....I hope so!
And what I usually do is take a dual headphone adapter or just run the playlist over BlueTooth so we / everyone listen(s) to the music at the same time.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Nov 28, 2019 at 1:19 pm