FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 8 June 2019 AS 21 ORD-SEA delayed ~4 hours due to flight attendant illness
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:02 am
sltlyamusd

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I agree. But this (and a couple of other trips this summer) had no real alternative to connecting at ORD.

What I always find most annoying and puzzling is just how long you have to taxi after landing; feels like you're driving to Gary. So different from DEN where taxis both inbound and outbound are normally quick.
Yes, the taxi time upon landing can be quite long at ORD, especially if landing on the northernmost runway. Gate/alleyway congestion can also be an issue during peaks hours. For example, AS only has two gates, which isn't an issue during most of the day. But in the evening, there are two sets of departures: the first around 5:30-6 PM and the second around 7:30 PM. If the first set of flights are delayed, the subsequent flights using those gates can also be delayed because the inbound is stuck on the tarmac.

Edited to add: my friends are flying out of ORD today and it’s a beautiful, sunny day in Chicago with great visibility. And yet ORD is currently showing delays of 53 min due to “weather/wind” per the FAA site. Unbelievable...

Last edited by sltlyamusd; Jun 10, 2019 at 12:32 pm