FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA allowing illegal migrants to fly without proper documents
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:53 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by cbn42
As stated in the article, TSA is accepting an I-862 (notice to appear in court) as ID. These do not have a photo so it could be anyone presenting it. Of course these people have no US credit history, so the usual method of asking questions from a credit report doesn't work either.

The only security-related purpose of checking IDs is to enforce the no-fly list, and I highly doubt that any refugees coming in from the southern border are going to be on that list, so I don't think this is too much of a concern. Revenue protection for the airlines is their problem, not the government's.
This makes me feel very unsafe.

TSA does not play 'probabilities'. They constantly remind us that it's important to check genitals and breast milk and medicines and breast cancer survivors because it only takes one time and you just never know. They also stress the importance of an ID check for security reasons that they have never disclosed, because no other country I've been to thinks who you are matters if you haven't got anything threatening on you or in your bags.

TSA are the security experts. They said valid ID is critical to aviation safety and I take their word for it, so I am mystified that this group of known law-breakers gets a pass while ordinary citizens are harassed under the same circumstances. I show up with a 367-day old DL with a picture that still looks exactly like me and I get the full treatment just because the license has expired.