FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:10 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm on a moving walkway in the international terminal (SFO) in my way to the gate for a United flight. This lady, in front of me, getting off the walkway, drops her bag and bends over to collect her stuff, blocking most of the exit to the walkway.

It's a moving walkway, and she is RIGHT at the exit, so I'm going to bump into her if I don't react. So I move to the left edge of the wakway and step around her to get off the walkway. She turns to me, and says, "step over me, why don't you?". I say, "what do you want me to do, slam into you"? She tells me to go F myself. I smile, make a comment about her lack of intelligence under my breath, and continue on to the gate.

Fun times...
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I've always wondered why there's two moving walkways from those concourses and only one to... Any of you Bay area UA denizens know THE answer?

OP - tell her if she'll wait there, you'll go back around and slam into her if it makes her feel better.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, that would be SFO.

I think the rationale is that arrivals result in big masses of passengers all at once, versus a more steady stream who are heading to the boarding gate.
Which moving walkways? I'm not picturing it. For departures, I thought whichever direction you go, there is always only one going 'forward', and that one is to the right. For arrivals, I thought there were two in one direction and none, rather than one, in the other.

(This is in the international G terminal being discussed, right?)