FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HP DFW vs. HR DFW
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:45 pm
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Our family (9 people) has an overnight connection at DFW. I plan to use points for the 3 rooms we need so it is between the Hyatt Place and Hyatt Regency. We will likely need to pick up our checked luggage and car seats since the connection is 14 hours- 9 pm arrival and 11 am flight the next morning. We will also have a 4 year old and infant in tow. For those of you who've stayed at both hotels which would you recommend in our case as far as ease of getting to/from the terminal? Will we have a problem having our whole party get on the shuttle the next morning? Is the HR walking to Terminal C- then Skylink to our departure gate a feasible option? Thanks for your input.
Depends on if you value a free HP breakfast more than convenience. I’d do HR in a heartbeat to avoid waiting for a shuttle (and I strongly prefer HRs over HPs anyway). Also I don’t think you have to claim your luggage so long as it’s one itinerary. Just use carry ons for the night.

Lastly, the Grand Hyatt is probably not an option for you due to cost BUT it’s one of the nicest properties you’ll find anywhere... very nearly Park Hyatt level. If it were me I’d stay there for the night and put everyone else at the HR or HP....