FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The more busy day of the year for AF.
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:27 pm
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
Peoples did not take advantage of the additional day off of the 14 July to travel abroad ?
14 July falls on a Sunday this year; to the best of my knowledge, this does not give rise to an additional day off.

I am not sure that many people would be persuaded, by just a single day off, to travel abroad by air. (Certainly not to the extent that it would become the BUSIEST day for Air France, which appears to be what your question poses)

Perhaps if you gave some context about what precisely you wish to find out, or what concern lies behind your question, we could address your query with better insight.

For what it's worth, Saturday August 3 is Black Saturday on the French road network - but that is more tied in with the school holidays, and the custom of taking most of the month of August off, rather than any specific day off, or the national holiday. I would expect August overall to be busier at French airports than, say, the weekend of 14 July.

Copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/Calendrier_2019_Bison_Fute.pdf

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 6, 2019 at 12:37 pm